Enhanced Operating Procedures in Response to COVID-19
In the face of the extraordinary circumstance of the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Lazy L at Willow Creek B&B has made some changes in our operating procedures designed to maximize the safety and comfort of our guests and staff. These procedures will include changes to our check-in and breakfast services, guest room housekeeping, and common area procedures to supplement our already rigorous cleaning standards. Because this continues to be an evolving situation, we ask that you bear with us as we adjust based on the latest information from federal and local health officials. We are confident that the measures we have put in place will allow you to have a safe and relaxing vacation!
- Check in and check out: While greeting our guests personally and sometimes sending them off with a hug is always our preference, to comply with current social distancing guidelines, we are shifting to a contactless check in and check out system. Since our reservation system already collects final payments and process receipts electronically prior to guest arrival, the need for credit cards or paper exchange will be limited.
On a table located in the inn’s entry foyer, guests will find envelopes containing their sanitized room keys, welcome letter, complimentary face masks, and directions to their room. The welcome letter will include innkeeper cell numbers to facilitate communications via texting. As always, the innkeepers will be on-premises and will happily answer any inquiries from an appropriate distance. As always, your four legged friends are welcome anywhere on the property, except in the swimming pool or hot tub (they are welcome on the pool deck).
To ensure the maximum amount of time for room cleaning, we have extended our check in time to after 4 PM. Guests arriving before that time are welcome to enjoy the outdoor amenities on site. For check-out, please just leave your keys in your room; everything else will be handled automatically by our reservation system.
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures: As a dog-friendly B&B, the Lazy L has always upheld the highest standards of cleaning and sanitizing for our guest rooms and house. We use EPA approved cleaning products to disinfect surfaces, soft surfaces, and linens. In keeping with guidance from health authorities and the hospitality industry, we are increasing our cleaning frequency of high touch places (such as stair railings, door knobs, and light switches), and closing off some common areas (such as our Game Room) except for by-request use. In addition, we have made the following changes:
- To minimize cross-contact of surfaces, daily housekeeping freshening service will be discontinued to minimize the need for staff to enter the rooms. If you need service, such as new towels, shampoo, or trash emptied, please let us know. For guests with stays of more than 3 days, we will work with you to arrange a time for room refreshing.
- We have removed a number of comfort items from both rooms and common spaces, such as tissues, ice buckets, dishes, wine glasses, sewing kits, bottle openers, and brochures. We will gladly supply you with any such items on request, please don’t hesitate to ask!
- DVDs are no longer available in common areas, but if you wish to borrow a movie, we are happy to supply you with a list.
- Breakfast: The Lazy L B&B’s gourmet breakfast will continue to live up to our motto that “No one leaves hungry!” We have rearranged our breakfast seating area to ensure appropriate distance between tables. We are serving a modified version of our self-service breakfast, with adjustments made to ensure minimal contact of food or serving items between guests. We are also offering an alternative private breakfast basket, served directly to your room, if you would refer to dine privately. Please text the innkeeper the evening (by 8 PM) before if you wish to utilize this option.
We respectfully ask our guests to avoid gathering in the self-service dining area, and to enter one party at a time. We strongly encourage frequent hand sanitizing and face masks whenever practicable.
We have made the following additional changes to our breakfast service:
- We have discontinued self-service coffee and hot beverage service. Coffee will be served individually at tables. Please let us know if you prefer hot water for tea or need a refill!
- Table service of plates, mugs, and individually wrapped utensils will be placed at the beginning of breakfast service.
- We have removed common, high touch items from our breakfast area – such as salt and pepper dispensers and water pitchers. Please just let us know if there is anything you need.
- Masks and distancing: To comply with current public standards in Delaware, we ask that staff and guests wear face masks in common areas and when interacting with staff and other guests. We will happily supply you with masks, if you need one. Hand sanitizer is also widely available throughout the property – remember, frequent hand washing is one of the most effective ways to keep yourself and others healthy!
Please do your best to maintain appropriate distance from those not traveling with you – fortunately, with nearly 8 lovely acres to enjoy, keeping safely apart while finding a cozy nook to relax should be a breeze!